Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cruising for Chicks




I'll be honest, I'm running out of ideas to keep children entertained indoors. However, we don't seem to be running out of cold weather (save me, Spring!)

One of the last ideas in my bag of tricks, was a trip to Cal-Ranch (our farming supply store) to see the sweet little baby chicks they sell in the Spring. If you have a farming supply store in your area that sells such fuzzy cuteness, you should pay them a visit. But be forewarned, apparently there was a significant salmonella outbreak last Spring just from people handling chicks, so this is a look-but-don't-touch activity and a mom-just-slathered-me-in-hand-sanitizer-just-to-be-safe activity.

I have many projects to share with you, but for now all I seem to accomplish is the chasing of children and the management of their never-ending eat, sleep, poop cycle. I'll have something new to share soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! We got the Tractor Supply flyer and on the front they were advertising thier chicks are in and I thought about taking my 16 month old one day!!!
    Great idea lady!!

    ReplyDelete