Saturday, September 10, 2011

Part 2 of the Tutorial (Fabulous Fall Felt Ruffle Wreath)





I promised to post the instructions for the embellishment on my Fabulous Fall Felt Ruffle Wreath.
I apologize in advance for the photos.  They were taken in a hurry, mostly late at night.  In addition to being mildly atrocious, they may not be enough to explain the processes. So please contact me if you have questions.

Frayed Navy Flower (similar construction to the Flowers Made from Tights)

I used 1/8 yd strip  of navy chiffon



1. Fold in half
2. Run a stitch down the middle (use your widest stitch on your machine)

3. Cut through the folded edge, giving you two layers

4. Pull on one thread while sliding your fabric downward to create the ruffle.  This part is a bit tedious, just take it a little bit at a time and do it gently or you'll break the thread.

Roll your ruffle around it's self and hot glue on the seam every roll.











Ticking Fan


I loved this cream colored fabric with navy ticking stripes, but it is utility fabric, so it is really stiff. I decide on a fan shape for it.

1. Accordion fold a strip of fabric



2. Pinch one end, put a few stitches through it, and tie it off.

 3. Pin or glue your fan to your wreath

The Doily Flower 




1. Fold your doily in half.

2. Fold it in half again

3. Stitch together the unfolded edge about 1/2 inch from the top. This will secure it in a sort of cone shape.

4. Manipulate it until it looks like a flower

I pinned a brown felt rosette in the center and pinned it to the wreath. You can read how to make a felt rosette here.


Please let me know if you have questions, friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment