Melted Flower Tutorial
glasses in various sizes or other round items to trace
tea light or candle
scrap of of fabric about 1/8 yd ( always use a fabric with polyester in it for this project. I like satin.)
1. Trace circles in graduated sizes onto the back of your fabric (I used a variety of cups for my templates).
2. Cut out all of your circles, being sure to cut off the pen marks.
3. Light tea light and set it on a flat, heat-safe surface.
4. With the right side of the fabric facing up, (tracing marks on the back) hold the edge of the fabric circle over the flame to melt and ruffle the edges. Continue melting the entire perimeter of the circle ( you may want to practice on a scrap first).
5. When each circle has melted edges, glue them together (biggest on bottom, smallest on top)
6. Add a center ( fabric, buttons, beads, etc.) with hot glue