Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Etsy Love: Vintage Letter Press Letters (a.k.a. the coolest gift ever)

(image from BeeJayKay)

When I stumbled upon this little nugget of Etsy goodness, my first inclination was to pin this to my Pinterest board, but that didn't seem to do it justice. My next thought was to hoard it and keep it to myself because I want to buy them for Christmas gifts for everyone I know. In the end, I knew the only decent thing to do was to share this discovery.  So friend, here is my current Etsy love: Vintage letter press letters from the Etsy shop, BeeJayKay.




(image from BeeJayKay)

Be honest, did your pulse just speed up? They are old wooden letter press letters with metal overlay. They are used and very worn and varied in age and size-all attributes that add to their charm.  I think they are so interesting and just the bees knees. They look like something you might find at Anthropologie or the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog. They would be great in a bowl or a jar on an end table or in a shadow box. Plus, at $5 each or 3/$12, they make a great inexpensive gift.  I  will now ask everyone on my Christmas list to erase this post from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment