Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hey, sole sister! (shoe-themed party invitations)


Hello, friends! It's a party week for me.  I've mentioned before that I'm on a committee that plans activities for the women in my church.  Well, we are hosting a shoe-themed event this week- so fun!  Our activities are always done on a budget, so I was thrilled to find some great free graphics to use for our invitations from the always fabulous, Graphics Fairy.  What would I do without her?  She has the most amazing images.  I've always loved ephemera, and vintage artwork so her blog is one my favorite resources for inspiration.

I made a few different versions, but this is my favorite.  I used these shoe images and this frame  from the Graphics Fairy and changed the colors in Photoshop.  I made the shoes into a patterned background, added the frame on top and used the free fonts Lobster and Walkway Bold for the text.

Here is a mostly blank version that you are welcome to use for shoe-themed parties, etc. (personal use, only, please).  Have  a great day, friends!

SHOE_PARTY

6 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Are you doing anything during the activity relating to shoes as well? I'd love to hear more as I do the same thing in my ward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun event! Great job on the invite!! Love it! I ♥ the Graphics Fairy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!! This would be a fun party! Thanks again! shannonallen4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea for a party! Thanks for sharing with us. (via Tatertots and Jello)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoes are so fun! That is a great idea for a get together or party :) Nice job!

    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE shoes! I so need a shoe party!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete