Friday, May 13, 2011

My favorite party trick

Wallflowers have become my go-to party decor for many events and let me tell you why:
  • They're colorful and whimsical
  • They provide a big impact
  • They are ridiculously cheap and easy to make ( you may have what you need already on-hand)
For a grand total of $3 or less, you can have a giant boquet of two-toned napkin flower magic. Of course you can buy napkins at dollar stores, but I've found the Wal-Mart party section has a better selection of napkin colors, they are a little stiffer and easier to work with and the quantites are larger ( packages of 24 are $1.50 each.) Target and Ikea are also great places to find fun napkin colors and patterns.  I use about 1.5 napkins for each flower.

I found the idea for wallflowers from the amazing Dana of the blog, Made. So visit her blog for the Wallflower tutorial and then go cover your next party or even your house in cheery napkin flowers!

*One tip: My petals don't stay together as nicely as Dana's, and the gaps drive me nuts, so I've enlisted the help of glue dots or double-stick tape to join the petals together.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this!! I am finishing up my daughter's room re-do and have been struggling with what to put on the walls to pull color it.....I'm off to Kmart to grab some napkins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make those all the time, too! TWINS, yet again! SOOOO easy to make and so much fun! I love how you used 2 colors! It's so cool! I'll have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete